Acknowledgement is an act of recognising the importance, qualities or truth of someone or something.
In this world we are, it seems most of us find it difficult to acknowledge or accept things around us. It wouldn’t cost a thing for our state of minds to change in terms of that.
These are some things that we may try to acknowledge:
• Acknowledging Truth: This might be a difficult thing for most of us, as no one really wants to know the real truth or facts about anything anymore. People find it easier to believe lies rather than truth. When a fact is presented right in your face or you are being told the truth about something or yourself or someone, no matter how hard or painful it may seem because you may feel defeated at the moment, recognise that TRUTH and be free of whatever is stopping you from realising it. It’s right in front of you now, why not accept it..
• Acknowledging A Mistake(s): We tend to be almost perfect in our lives, some of us may think. We may feel that we are above mistakes, maybe in another world that doesn’t exist. But we all make mistakes. Except if you are a new born. When a mistake or mistakes have been made and you realise it, it’s quite satisfying to acknowledge it… That way your mind or conscience is clear. You won’t feel that guilt creeping in every time you are reminded of it.. It won’t kill you accept that mistake. That’s what makes some of us better people because we accept it and move on.. A better person too if we learn from them.
• Acknowledging Achievements: This may be one of the most difficult acknowledgements for some people. Realising that someone has achieved something good or great is a very positive act. It shows that you are willing to step up your game and support them with words of encouragement. But some or most people instead of doing this, they try to find every little way to either down play your hard work or they try to discourage it, but deep down in their hearts they wish they have achieved half of what you have. Acknowledging an achievement does not make you any less of who you are. Instead it gives you the ability to have a mind to acquire your own achievement or success. It shows you have an open mind and makes you work even harder to achieve yours, that’s if you haven’t yet. Your mindset is what really plays a huge role in one’s success in life or in one’s life in general.
• Acknowledging The Value Or Importance Of Someone Or Something:
* Recognising the value of people in your life is very important. Those who were there for you through thick and thin, those who came through for you when you least expected it. Recognising the wise words given to you by a random stranger.
* Recognising that if you hadn’t taken that umbrella out with you at the moment the was shining so bright only for the clouds to release some down pour of heavy rain an hour later. Recognising things no matter how little acts of kindness shown is uplifting to one’s life.
* Recognising how generous someone was or is to you at a point in your life. It doesn’t have to be physical generosity but also emotional kindness, love,being there for you in times you needed it the most.
* Recognising People’s Feelings: We really should do this more often, recognising how people around us feel about certain things or all things in general. We have to understand that respecting people’s feelings is very important.
There’s a saying that goes “ No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. That’s real fact.
• Acknowledging Yourself & Value: This one trumps it all for me especially for individual purposes. We have to learn to recognise or value or importance, be it in our personal lives, socially or professionally. Once we have been able to understand our importance, we begin to appreciate ourselves even better. Do not let people take advantage of you. Know your self worth.
There are so many things that can and should be acknowledged. It’s up to you to do that. There is another saying that says Real life isn’t always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgement of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties. Stay cool and calm always 😍